ABOUT THE KONCEPT
Drawing Marathon International is for anyone.
It is for you who have a desire to challenge your drawing skills and creativity.
Anyone may participate – regardless of experience, age or whether you work alone or as a group.
Each hour you will be presented online with a new and exciting drawing challenge.
You must complete by drawing with your chosen drawing tool – either on paper or something similar. Not on digitally.
- YOU JUST HAVE TO SIGN UP FOR THE NEWSLETTER.
- YOU WILL RECEIVE A LINK TO THE TASKS IN THE MORNING ON APRIL 30, 2022.
- TJEK YOUR EMAIL THAT DAY.
- WE SELECT A GOLD WINNER IN EACH MARATHON CATEGORY.
- GOLD GROUPS ARE DESCRIBED UNDER HASHTAG THE GUIDE.
- THE WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE DRAWING MARATHONS FACBOOK PAGE.
- NO PRIZES WILL BE INCLUDED IN 2022.
- THE WINNERS WILL BE REWARDED A SPECIAL DIPLOMA.
LITTLE ABOUT DRAWING MARATHON
- You may participate as an individual artist or as a creative group such as your family, your class or your workplace.
- You can draw anywhere it suits you best.
- If you wish to find a VIP-artist you need to cross check the entry number at the SOME-platforms and on the GOLD-list.
CHOOSE AN ENTIRE MARATHON OR HALF A MARATHON
- An entertaining day consisting of loads of creative challenges.
- In an info e-mail you will receive your own entry breast banner in a printable format to put on your clothes.
- You will be inspired to improve your drawing skills on a daily basis.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AS A VIP
- If you decide on completing an entire marathon you will need to finish 16 creative drawing challenges in the course of 16 hours.
- Should you choose the half marathon you must finish 8 assignments in 8 hours.
- FULL marathon time 7 am-2:00 pm (GMT) or the HALF marathon time 7 am-11 pm (GMT).
Every year has its own theme which is part of the drawing challenges. You are free to interpret the theme any way you wish in your art works.
2022: YOUR DREAMS AND ART PLAY TOGETHER.
2021: “Howe nature livs in you, in your life and your thoughts”.
2020: “Take care of children, who we are – or once were”.
2019: “Care for the earth’s beauty and save the climate”.
ACADEMY SCHOOLS IS SPONSORS AND CONCEPT DEVELOPER: DRAWING MARATHON INTERNATIONAL
UPLOAD YOUR CREATIVE WORKS
During the creative marathon you are welcome to upload your progress to Instagram adding a hashtag (#) – one creative work per hour.
PARTICIPATE IN THE CENSORED COMPETITION
When the Drawing Marathon has ended and you have completed your marathon you may choose one piece if you signed up for half a marathon and two pieces if you did an entire marathon, which will participate in the censored drawing competition.
A JURY MAKES THE DECISION
The final decision is left up to a jury consisting of some of the leading experts in Denmark within the fields of drawing, illustrations, arts and design. The jury consists of the artistic ambassadors of Drawing Marathon International.
BECOME A GOLD ARTIST OR GOLD KID
- The pieces you choose must be uploaded adding a special hashtag in order for you to participate in the exciting drawing competition. A total of six masterpieces will be selected as winners. “LIST OF HASHTAGS“
- The artists who are chosen as winners of the Golden-awards will be rewarded by having their winning piece displayed in our online gallery. Furthermore they will be offered a special diploma and a fantasy booke, which can be picked op from at our sponser Akademiets Skoler.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
No schooling or other qualifications is required to participate in Drawing Marathon International. It does not matter whether you are a professional artist, an amateur, a group or alone – you simply work from where you are artistically.
- Kids, youngsters and adults ages 0-100+ – there is no age restrictions in the Drawing Marathon International project. HOWEVER, you do have to be at least 13 years of age in order to use SoMe-platforms. Therefor children under the age of 13 need to borrow a profile from a grown up i.e. their parents who will upload the childrens creative works for them but still adding the child’s starting number.
- Groups may have their creative works uploaded by the responsible teacher or leader.
- Every drawing assignment in the Drawing Marathon lasts aprox. one hour. You might be asked to draw something close to you or perhaps a feeling. Thats all we will reveal for the time being! In every assignment you can choose yourself whether to use pencils, pens or crayons. No special props are required.
- However, it will be a good idea to draw on some high quality paper.
- There are no stylistic requirements. Nevertheless we recommend that you stay as original as possible, which means no copying other works, figurines or drawing style.
- Please notice that digital drawing is not included in the concept of Drawing Marathon International.
- All work must be performed using classic tools.
- Please look “HERE” for inspiration on materials.